Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dressing Up!

It's always good to dress up, whether it's just in something new and nice or whether it's in character for a party. Well this week we did both! We went to a Murder Mystery night at our friends Nicky and Sean's last night for my birthday. It was a scene out of the 1920's where there was a murder on a train and we were all suspects. I had to go as a renowned French Fashion beauty, Ian was the husband of the victim and was an ex-military guard, Yaz was the American half-sister of the victim and Bailey was a humble Scottish engineer. We had so much fun trying to put on the appropriate accents...Ian kept asking me if I was German...I've never been one to put on an accent...We had a gorgeous three course meal which was just divine. We sipped champagne and escaped reality for a few hours which was so much fun! After the meal and the game had finished, we listened to Sean's music collection, most of it being from the 80's so it was excellent. We didn't get in until about 2am so were all pretty tired today.
















































So today is my Birthday. 37yrs old! I was woken by a phonecall from a good frined in NSW, then a few phone calls later and a few texts, we just got on with the chores of today...still getting everything ready to move...and then this afternoon we headed into Brisbane where there is a yummy dessert cafe. Ian wanted to take me out for lunch or dinner, but I much rather the dessert part of any meal! We all had something very rich and filling and absolutely delicious! I got some new clothes for my b'day which in the photo you can see one of the items. I love getting new clothes!!! I just had to put on something new today, as I said it's always fun dressing up...So we were going to have a nice steak meal tonight but we are all so full that I think it's just going to be nibblies instead...and I will make sure that I hit the gym tomorrow!

That's the most exciting part of the week, the rest of it is just work, packing, cleaning etc...I just want to say a very big thankyou to everyone who sent me their b'day wishes whether it be by card, phone call, email, text etc...It is all very much appreciated and it all went towards having a great day.xxx

No comments: