Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Proud Moment

Well the big day has been and gone, all the hype and excitement over. Last night was the Bledisloe Cup, where Bailey and his team mates were 'Guards of Honour' for the Australian Union team as they came out onto the pitch. The boys all lined up with their flags and did all of us proud standing guard. When they came back to their seats, they had the biggest beams on their faces and were quite chuffed with themselves. I'm not 100% sure if they got a milli-second of fame on t.v. but we taped it so will have a look. They were also given a program in which their names were published in it, so this will be a very treasured keepsake of the night. They also received a certificate of thanks, signed by Matt Giteau, (one of the Australian players), for making the night a success. We are extremely proud of our Bailey and it brought a tear to my eye watching them walk out onto the field as I knew just how extrememly excited he was. He had been counting this event down for such a long time and could barely contain himself on the morning of the match. An evening that will always bring a smile to his and our faces! :)



















I have now officially finished college for the weekends, so I am feeling very relieved and can't wait for the weekends again which I think for the first few months we will be making the absolute most out of! I now only have about 9 more Wednesday evenings left at college and then it's all over. I just can't wait until Graduation, where I will be sure to let my hair down and have a blast of an evening in my grad gown and hat thingy...not sure of the proper name for it?!

During the week not a lot happened really, it was all about this weekend. I had to take my car back in to get the boot fixed as it wouldn't open. Then we had to get a new car battery as ours was eroding terribly. It's just been one thing after another with the cars lately, which I am mostly part responsible for...

Happy Birthday to Tim who had his 40th this past Saturday. Hope you had a great weekend away!

This coming week my poor hubby has to go in for day surgery to have his 4 wisdom teeth removed. He goes in on Wednesday morning and we are sure that he will be a bit sore and sorry for a few days so I will look after him and make sure that he still has his gorgeous smile on his face. Unfortunately he seems to be coming down with some sort of bug and has a bit of a throat infection so we are hoping that it doesn't interfere with the surgery. He has taken a few days off afterwards to recover and be waited on hand and foot! Will let you know how it all went in next weeks entry. I'll see if he'll let me take photos of him post-surgery...don't like my chances!

The next countdown is for both Yaz and Bailey as they are flying back to N.S.W. in just over a weeks time and both are very excited, as are my family on the receiving end. They will be going for 8 days so the house is going to be extremely quiet with Ian still recovering and the children not here, although I don't think Ian will take long to bounce back and vocalise his need and want for his cups-of-tea!

This weekend Yaz has a full weekend of cheerleading and this will probably be the last of the cheerleading for her as she wants out, is bored with it and has no interest in doing it in the future. What's next...with Yaz you never know!

No comments: