Sunday, September 28, 2008

Deafening silence!

The majority of this week has been so quiet at home that it's not an enjoyable silence as our children flew to N.S.W. on Wednesday. It was very hard letting them go without one of us with them and I was on edge until they eventually text me when they had landed and were safe, now in the hands of my Mother who has been waiting anxiously to have them all to herself. They were both very excited about going down so it was only me who shed some tears at the airport, although I was told that I wasn't allowed to by Yaz. She got totally embarrased when we insisted to take a photo of them just before they boarded the plane as you can see by the look on her face in the photo. They seem to be having a good time though and have had time to catch up with all of the family. They have been into the city and across to Manly, have been to the movies and out for lunches etc...My family are just in shock as to how much they have changed. I just wish they would all move up here so that we all shared our lives together, it makes me feel so sad sometimes. Like I always say...I don't know how Ian does it?! It's been such a long time since he's seen his family and we just really wish that we could be closer to them also. We know we have made this decision for us as a family and we are happy with the decision too, it just makes it hard not having any family around at all.

(Ian is reading this over my shoulder and taking the mick because I have mentioned the word 'family' a million times...well that's what it's all about!).















Ian is recovering really well and has moved on from sucking his food to actually eating properly. The last of his stitches has dissolved and everything has healed up really well. He has lost a bit of weight through it all also. He is just glad that it is all over and he says that it wasn't as bad as what he thought it was going to be.

We haven't done a lot during the week, just work for me. We took the children to the movies before they left and Ian and I went out last night with another couple for dinner and drinks since we don't get the chance to go out on our own often so we made the most of it. We had a good night...had a few drinks but were both fine today thank goodness! We went out and had lunch down by the water today and it was just so lovely. Everyone was there with their children and their dogs which made us miss our two and wished we had a little dog! The children keep going on about getting a dog...Yaz wants an Alaskan malamute, Ian likes
beagles and labradors and Bailey and I want a sausage dog...maybe one day soon...

Well that's about it really, just a quiet week. One good thing is that the washing load was very small and hardly any ironing! Ian returns back to work tomorrow and I have 2 assignments to complete and an exam to start studying for so back to reality! Really looking forward to seeing Yaz and Bailey on Thursday afternoon where they will be smothered with hugs and kisses...much to Yazmin's horror probably! Oh well xxx




No comments: