Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nothing to write about...

I am sitting here looking through my diary wondering what happened this week for me to write about. Mind you I have been in the sun all day and am feeling a bit exhausted plus as Ian will tell you, my memory is very vague! So I ask Ian what has happened this week and he rattles off quite a few things so here they are!
Bailey has started swimming lessons with the school on Tuesdays with the first being this past week. He has also changed his outside school swimming lessons to Tuesday afternoons as they were originally on Saturdays but now that cricket has started up again it would have interfered with the lessons-I'm sure there was an easier way to explain that...oh well! Anyway, what I was getting at was that Bailey ended up having three lessons on the Tuesday as there was the one at school, a catch up one after school followed directly by his normal lesson. Where am I going with this I don't know...

Bailey had his 1st game of cricket yesterday. He was so excited and played quite well. He ended up getting three wickets and his name published in the Queensland Sunday newspaper which came out today. He looked great in his new gear...forgot to take the camera though! He then had a friend stay over the night last night so had a good day overall.
We also got the results back from an annual school test that Bailey had to sit a few months back and he has done extremely well, getting well above the National average in all areas so we were very pleased with that.

Ramses celebrated his 5th birthday on Friday by an early start...3.30am adventure outside, followed by his favourite food for breakfast, a day spent sleeping peacefully, recieved a new collar and a new snail toy in the afternoon, followed by a lovely meal.

Today the school held their annual 'College Carnival' which included rides, stalls, food etc...Yaz had to be there at 7.00am to start making pizzas to sell, then I took Bailey and his friend there for the opening at 10.00am. The first ride that Bailey went on made him feel quite ill, which isn't generally like Bailey as he is one of those kids who can go on rides all day long. He went on a few more after and then after one that went around and around for about 10 minutes non-stop, he got off and nearly collapsed in my arms. I took him somewhere shady and cool to sit down and he guzzled down a big bottle of water and felt just awful. He had to line up for the rides for up to 1/2 hour each in the full on sun which I think is what did it, so I phoned Ian, who had decided not to come up and he picked us up and Bailey then rested on the couch for a while watching wrestling. Not long after Yaz phoned me feeling queazy also so I had to go and pick her up too. She was supposed to be staying at a friends tonight but doesn't feel well enough. She is now asleep on the lounge. Yaz's problem is that she doesn't drink water and just had soft drink all day which I told her not too but children never listen to their parents! It's probably a good thing that they both have tomorrow off school as it is a pupil free day, so they will be all rested and back to their healthy selves again on Tuesday.

I went out to the local tavern on Friday night only for a couple of beverages with some friends. It wasn't a late one as I knew I had to get up bright and early for cricket but it was nice just to sit back and relax with a cider or two.

Only one more week to go before Dale and Cass arrive. We all can't wait. They are here for 3 nights, not staying with us but somewhere in Redcliffe, but we will be taking them to our favourite places over the weekend to persuade them to make the move up here. I will try and make Queensland as irrisistable as possible for them. If they move, then surely Mum and Shane will follow?! That's my plan anyway. Also this coming week Yaz will be awarded a sports award or two at the annual 'Sports awards night' on Tuesday. We are looking forward to this, so there should be a few photos on next weeks entry and in my facebook albums.

No comments: