Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday Bashes!!!

There have been quite a few birthdays to celebrate this week...Sarah, Hayley, Darren, Nigel and James! Happy birthday to you all! Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate, for obvious reasons, with James and Nigel, but as for the other three a good time was had by all! Sarah and Hayley were a day or two apart so a few of us got together for a b.b.q at Shorncliffe where the children, (not mine as they were still in N.S.W.), but the others just took off and made the most of the park and sea side. It was a really lovely day and such a beautiful spot, although the wind picked up towards the afternoon and I got bit chilly, but we ate our b.b.q and birthday cakes, which we couldn't light candles for because of the wind, but we had a lovely time.
Darren celebrated his 40th birthday with a surprise party in a local hall. It was quite hilarious seeing everyone dress up in their pop/rock themed outfits with some going all out as to wearing coloured contacts to perfect their outfit! Ian went as Sid Viscious, I went as Brittney Spears, Yaz went as Hayley from Paramore and Bailey didn't want to dress up so he was himself! Other 'famous' people that were there were Siouxsie, Bob Marley, Freddie Mercury, Shakespeares Sisters, Boy George, Kiss etc...It was a laugh and we all had a bit to drink and I'm dreading seeing some of the photos.....It was so much fun dressing up though and now we have to organise our outfits for our next dress up event-Halloween at Sharons house!

The children came back from N.S.W. on Thursday evening and both Ian and I were at the airport eagerly awaiting their arrival. They were glad to be home but had a great time. I don't think Mum wanted to say goodbye to them which never makes me feel good. I am still trying so hard to convince her to move here!

Ian went back to work this week and is now feeling very knackered again from the early mornings and long days, although it won't take him long to get back into the swing of things. He is pretty much all healed up now from his operation too which is good. No food limitations anymore!

I went and did something on Wednesday after work which I regretted instantly but now am feeling pretty good about it...I got my nose pierced! A pretty random thing to do I know but it is something I guess I've always wanted. It's a bit big at the moment so I am really looking forward to being able to change it to a teeny tiny stone where you can hardly see it. If I don't like it at least it's reversible and I can take it out.

Today Ian went and took Bailey shopping for his cricket gear for the start of the new season next week, so he got his pads, bat, gloves trousers etc... It was also Grand Final day for the rugby league so we sat in this afternoon and watched Melbourne get smashed by Manly, with the exception fo Yaz who had no interest whatsoever! After the game I then went for a run as I'm trying to get fit. I'm running about 4km each time and can only just make it which is terrible so will have to stay motivated and stick at it so that I can maybe enter the Bridge to Brisbane run next year with Ian which is 10km...that's our goal anyway. Whether we'll achieve it or not who knows! xxxxx

No comments: