Sunday, December 21, 2008

Xmas love to you all xxxx

I have yet again left out a week of updating this blog. Life has just been very hectic all round. We have had my brother and nephew up for just over a week. Unfortunately I still had to work so I wasn't around as much as what I had hoped but we still had a great catch-up, especially Yaz, Bailey and Julian. They all got along so great. We took them up to Bribie Island on the weekend and it was so beautiful up there. Shane and Julian loved it too. Unfortunately the airconditioner in my car has gone and we were stuck in stand-still traffic in the hottest part of the day on our way up and it was sooooo boiling hot! We just literally dumped our stuff on the sand and ran into the water. Shane borrowed the car when I had to work so he took Yaz and Bailey down to the lagoon a couple of times and out to lunch one day. Yazmin and Julian also had a day out on their own and went into the city on the train to do some Xmas shopping. On the Friday night Shane and i made some cocktails and enjoyed drinking those, sitting out the back feeling very relaxed indeed.
Just after I had come home from dropping Shane and Julian off at the airport, I got a phone call from Mum with some very sad news. My cousin in England, Robert, had died in his sleep. He was only 38 and had everything going for him in life. Obviously everybody is just devastated and I just can't get my head around it. He now leaves behind his son and soon-to-be fiancee, plus his parents, brother and 2 sisters. It's never a good time for something like this to happen but it's the week before Xmas and his birthday is 31st December too, the day he was going to propose to his girlfriend. It's all just so sad. Xmas will be very different from now on for all of them now. Our love and thoughts go out to my family and Roberts close friends etc...
We are now pretty much prepared for Xmas, just the food shopping to go. It will be a very quiet one this year and hopefully we will get to chat to all of our family either on the day or Xmas night. Xmas is the day that really hits home just how much you miss the people that you love. I coouldn't get Yaz into having a photo with Santa but little Bailey was more than happy to and had a good old chat with the man himself too, letting him know all that he wants for Xmas. He was a very cool Santa too, making him laugh and hi-fiving him etc...




















Last night we had a wonderful night around at Mike and Charmaynes, where we had some lovely Indian and a few drinks. Mike's Dad is over from New Z ealand at the moment and he was such a laugh and loved getting up for a bit of a dance, so he kind of started us all off really and by the end of the night, Ian was doing a very convincing Tom Jones impersonation which left us nearly peeing ourselves in hysterics! If only I had a video camera handy! Speaking of cameras, our digital is packing it in for whatever reason and all of the photos I am taking are turning out blurry so I haven't been able to take many lately at all.
Anyway, I guess my head's not really with it at the moment as I have a total blank and have nothing else to say except that we wish all of you a very Merry Xmas. Please keep safe and tell everyone that you share your life with just how much you love them. That's the greatest gift of all...and it's free!

No comments: