Sunday, December 7, 2008

The End!

This week has seen the end to my college at long last. After two and a half years of studying, I am finally free. I had my last two exams this week which was a nightmare having both on but I managed to get through them and now never have to go to college ever again. My time now belongs to my family who have been neglected for such a long time due to me always with my head in the books and never quite 'there' mentally. They have also inspired me and encouraged me when I didn't think I would do well enough etc...so I thank them dearly for helping me achieve my dream! I must admit I never thought I would ever have my own business, let alone help people by working in the health care industry. We went out for a lovely meal last night to celebrate too as I have decided not to go to my graduation in a couple of weeks for a few reasons.
This week Bailey had a 'learning celebration' on at school where the Yr 3 students performed a few poems, songs and then some line dancing. We got to have a look at their work they have done in the last term also so it was great to see how Bailey has been doing. They were all very cute!



















I took Yaz and Bailey into the city on Saturday to meet our favourite radio celebrities-Hamish and Andy. They have just brought out a cd for xmas, which we bought before hand for them to sign which Ian will be getting for xmas. We lined up for about 2 hours before we ended up meeting them and it was such a scorcher of a day. We were standing in the full on sun for that length of time in the hottest part of the day so felt very drained and hot afterwards. We did have suncream on but we still got a little burnt. Anyway, it was worth it as we got such a buzz out of meeting them and they personalised Ians cd too. The four of us just love these guys.















Today Bailey and I went to Moreton Island for my work's end of year party. We had such a great day, although have come home quite burnt even though we applied suncream at least 6 times during the whole day. The Queensland sun is just soooo strong and maybe we need to get a better suncream? It's a 30+ but obviously not the right one for our skin types! We just hung out at the island all day playing in the beach and going to the resort pools etc...It was the perfect day too. A long day but a fantastic day. Ian and Yaz could've come also but it was very hard to convince Yaz as she likes to go places where she knows people and there were no girls there her age anyway. If Yaz wasn't going then Ian wasn't so it was just the boy and I. We just love it over there. I am so thankful that we moved up here as we have all of this at our doorstep and it is just paradise!










So that's about it really. The week ended perfectly, my college has ended and we celebrated the end of the working year too. Hard to believe really! Now I can concentrate on doing some Xmas shopping, getting back into the gym...especially since all the good food is just around the corner!, and Shane and Julian are arriving this Wednesday for just over a week and we can't wait. My house will certainly be very full, but full of fun and happiness, the perfect thing just before Xmas!

No comments: