Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Circus is in Town...

Yes, the circus has arrived in town and casuing excitement amogst lots of children...including mine...well not Yazmin as she has a thing against clowns and the circus really isn't cool to go to! Anyway, I got some free tickets through work so Bailey and I went along yesterday and had a great time. His beautiful face just lit up and was wide eyed throughout the whole thing. He laughed and got frightened over a certain acrobatic stunt and was truly amazed by the juggler! It was a good afternoon and his first circus too.
During the week I don't really think much happened, just the usual work, school etc...Yaz came home from school sick one day and hasn't really felt right since. There is a terrible amount of bugs/viruses going around at the moment and people are dropping like flies! I probably will end up taking her to the Dr.s soon just for an overall check-up as she does seem to suffer a lot of headaches. Unfortunately she may have the migraine jean that I have and may always be a sufferer but it still wouldn't hurt to get a Dr.s opinion. I have recently found a new Dr. who seems to be very thorough and on the ball and has helped me a lot. Good Dr.s are very hard to find these days. The natural therapies industry is growing quite dramatically at the moment and I can seriously understand why.
A very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DAD Laslett in England! Hope you had a wonderful day and had the day off work? We were thinking of you, as always xxxx
The weekend was quite busy. Yaz had two parties to go to on Saturday. ONe was a sleepover...again, not a sleepover in the fact that they got NO sleep what-so-ever! The parents were knackered the next morning and planned to snooze the day away, which is exactly what Yaz did. She got into bed at 11.00am and didn't surface until dinner time around 6.30pm, stayed up for a couple of hours and then hit the hay again for a good nights sleep. I guess more and more sleepless nights are going to come her way as she grows up...sleepless for us too when she's finally out on the town in just under 4 years! I'm certain I will be 100% grey by then!
We had some friends over for dinner on Saturday night, the first to have dinner with us at the new house. I made some thai food which actually turned out rather tasty! The last time this couple came over I had made a curry and it was disasterous so I think they came with a very open mind but the food was good and everyone enjoyed it. I haven't been able to have a drink for a long time now and I had a couple of wines on Saturday night and I think I'm over drinking. I just don't really enjoy it anymore and I think I consumed more water and coffee than what I did wine! Ian on the other hand made the most of it and him and Mike certainly left a lot of empty bottles on the side for recycling! Still, it's been quite a while since either of us has had an opportunity to drink so one of us had to make the most of it.
Friday night Ian took the night off from soccer and we went to watch the Rugby League at Suncorp Stadium. Yaz didn't come with us...mid you she doesn't come to a lot of things with us anymore...anyway, Bailey and I caught the train into the city and met Ian there. We had a great night getting Maccas for dinner and watching the game. Bailey and Ian went for 1 team and I went for the other so basically I copped it as my team lost. Two against one is never fair! Yaz went to a friends house after school on the Friday and they went to the movies to see 'Angels and Demons' instead.
Tomorrow is a school strike so the kiddies will be at home with me. They are very excited about having a day off.
That's about all I can think of for now. At least I didn't leave it for another week! Take care everyone.
xxxx

No comments: