Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yes, I know...

I know I skipped last week's entry. Sorry. I was in battle with Yaz for the internet line on the Sunday evening when I normally write it. She was on the phone for 50 hours and our internet cuts out when someone's using the phone...very frustrating!!!...so she won and I said I'd do it the following day...which obviously it never happened. I had a full on day at work from 9-3pm, 4.15-5.15pm and then 6.30-9pm. In between all that I had to come home and cook dinner and pick the kids up from school and take Bailey to his gym class!

So now I have to try and remember what on Earth has happened over the last fortnight...and you all know that memory is not my strong point!...

I said my sad goodbyes to my brother Dale and his lovely wife Cass on the 1st Tuesday. It was so great having them up here. They are now hoping to come up around April time, yay!

Bailey went on a school excursion to a Ginger Factory which he thoroughly enjoyed. I knew one of the parents that went on the excursion too and she had never seen Bailey before and she said that as soon as she set eyes on this little boy who was always smiling, she could see that he was my son. She thinks he is the spitting image of me. I am still yet to see that.

We attended two Halloween parties over that 1st weekend. They were both lots of fun and it was a laugh dressing up and seeing everyone elses's costumes too. I must warn you, the
photos that you are about to see,(of Ian), may be disturbing...hilarious, but disturbing!











Doesn't ian look pretty!























You were warned! Somehow I can't see me ever wearing my white summer dress anymore! It's gone in the dressing up box already. The first party was on the actual Halloween night held at the Bapty residence. Among the gouls there we mingled with the Baptys, of course, and the Hankins plus many more. There were witches, dracs, grim reaper, zombies, mummies, skeletons, a black cat plus loads more. Everything that you would expect to see at a hallowwen party obviously! The second party which was half Halloween and half bad-taste,(hence Ian wearing a dress!), was at the O'Callaghan residence where Nicky and Sean went all out in decorating their house with graves, webs, skeletons...you name it! They had the spooky music playing also...and that was after the Halloween cd! Sean put on some tragic music, which made the party fun though and Ian and another guy were in a battle of a 'Name that tune and the Artist'! It was quite funny because they were both so competitive. We stayed there the night and were fed a lovely fry-up the following morning. Then Nicky, Victoria( her daughter and Yaz's great friend), Yaz and I headed down to DFO (discount shopping outlet), where we picked up clothes and bags etc...for the girls who are off tomorrow on a weeks camping trip with the school! They are going up to the Sunshine Coast and will be learning how to surf, do fencing etc...they are going to have a ball! So that's what I am doing today, helping Yaz, who I think may already be packed, make sure she has everything, tick it off the list and spend the day just hanging together. I also have to fit in study time and assignment time plus the rest of the household duties that are in order to be done. Ian is out playing golf as I type. It's been a while since he's played actually! We were all supposed to meet up with a group after and have lunch at the golf club but with everything I have on today I had to decline. Once college is finished...Dec 3rd...then I am free to do whatever, whenever! Can't wait! The graduation is on Dec 20th but I have decided not to go as it is such a rip off. Ian thinks I should go as we get to wear the gowns/hats etc... but I just can't justify what they're asking and it's right before xmas too so there'll be so much else that I'll be doing. Maybe I'll just have a small celebration with the family and some close friends...maybe?...
Bailey has been off ill for the last couple of days. I took him to the Dr. yesterday and he has a very bad case of tonsilitis! He has had a fever and feeling generally unwell but then yesterday as he was trying to eat his breakfast he said that his throat was too painful so I had a look in and 'oh my gosh' was it red and inflamed poor little thing! I phoned the Dr.s straight away and luckily got in. His tonsils are so big that his throat is nearly closed in and they are bright red covered in white spots. He is now on antibiotics which seem to be working very quickly! Poor little mite!
Yaz had a day off last week too with a fever, body aches and headaches but I think hers was due to the fact that she had a HepB and a cervical cancer immunisation the previous day and just had a slight side effect from it. She always has had side effects from immunisations, even as a baby, they had to change it for her as she always got ill then. She was fine by the afternoon though and has been fine since! She's been staying well clear from Bailey though not wanting to catch anything incase she's ill for this school trip!
Well I think I have covered everything that was of importance anyway?! ....hmmmm .....something else is coming to mind.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY L. for 6th November! (don't worry I didn't forget, was saving this 'till last!). Hope you got the cards and by what Tracy has told me you got utterly spoilt and had a great day! GOOD! You deserve it. Our love and thoughts were with you and ofcourse always are.xxxxx

















































































No comments: