Sunday, November 30, 2008

Short and Sweet

This weeks entry is going to be done in a bit of a hurry as I have two exams this week that I am still studying for and seem to be getting nowhere with. I think my enthusiasm left a long time ago. Still at the end of this week it is all over and I will be free from any outside distractions and you will be free from hearing about my stressing over exams!
Not a lot has happened this week. Yaz got some very pleasing results back from some end of term exams with a couple of A's and a B or two. This Immersion class has been a great experience for her and she is obviously doing very well. I watch her sometimes doing her homework and I can't believe how quickly she is learning it all. We are very proud of her efforts and achievements this year. We are in the middle of trying to organise her to get back into swimming again, competing etc...
Bailey is still plodding along with his gym classes, ten pin bowling and cricket. He had his last game of cricket for the season on Saturday and was a bit off and lacked enthusiasm. You can always tell when it's the end of the year as everyone just gets so tired and uninterested in everything...Until you mention Christmas and then a new excitement comes shining through!
We are looking forward to spending Christmas at home again this year, letting the kiddies enjoy their day with their new presents. Of course it would be nice to spend it with some family but it's not to be this year...
We are trying to also organise going to N.S.W. in January for Mum's 70th. We will probably go down for a week at the most due to work commitments unfortunately! Maybe we'll bring her back with us?
Julian arrives in Sydney tonight so Shane is very excited to be spending some time with his son after a year. They both arrive here in the middle of next week for 10 days so we're all really looking forward to that. Unfortunately Ian and I will have to work the majority of the time but will have the weekends free and the kids will be on holidays to spend time with them.
Shane is also moving into a new place over the coming week so he is going to be very busy.
Ian seems to be getting some more back complaints at the moment which isn't good, hopefully it won't get as bad as it did before where he needed physio. I have given him a massage but if it's the degeneration of a disc problem, there's not a lot I can do. He also received a copy of the English paper, 'The Bath Chronicle' where there was an old photo of him and his old football team in it from 1989 when they won the league. They had a reunion and unfortunately Ian wasn't able to attend being sooooo far away.
After my final exam on Friday we will be putting the Christmas tree up again, it just doesn't seem like a year since it was up! I do always enjoy putting it up though. We put the Christmas cd's on and sing a long...well I do anyway...The kids are excited as the 'Advent' calendars start tomorrow...chocolate for breakfast!
Next Sunday Bailey and I are going across to Moreton Island for my work's Christmas Party. Yaz wasn't that keen on coming so her and Ian will do something else. I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing on the island, but even if it's just hanging out and watching dolphin feeding and being at the beach is a good enough day for us, plus the boat ride there and back! I'll take my camera to capture our day.
I am now being beckoned off the computer as the family are wanting some fruit and cream and of course need me to do it all! To end off this entry and the title of 'short and sweet', Bailey finally gave in and had his mop hair cut off to a short and sweet style. Very cute and alot cooler for him too.

No comments: