Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time flys when you're having fun...

Wow, I can't believe it's nearly been a month since my last entry! How slack am I? I have no idea where I left off or even where to begin now...It's not that I have been exceptionally busy or anything it's just taking the time out to sit here and do this, as sometimes it can take me an hour to write this blog...there are just so many other things that constantly need doing! I don't even know if there are still any followers of this anymore due to my slackness...Oh well.
First of all I just wanted to say very BIG HAPPY 40TH to Tracy for a couple of weeks back. Glad to hear you had a great time and just want you to know that we love you heaps.
Now back to what's been going on here...well this is all going to be a bit muddled up I think but I'll try and get it all right...
Ian and I have decided to go on a major health kick, which at first the kids weren't too opposed to, until they got sick and tired of eating fruit and veges all day, every day. I got my hands on this book called, 'Slim for Life' by Jason Vale, and it has either brain washed me or really woken me up to what we are really doing to our bodies in a big way. If you haven't read it, please do as you will be totoally amazed at some of the stuff we are consuming which probably should be deemed illegal! Seriously! Ian and I have been wanting to do something drastic like this for a while and now that I have read this book and tell all of the facts to Ian, we are hooked! Yaz is telling me that I have totally ruined her enjoyment of food as I tell her about all of the parasites she is feeding when she is eating white bread etc...but it's important to know!...Anyway I won't go on about it, but do yourself and your bodies a favour and give this a read.
At the moment, all of us are in great health! No issues, no complaints...and I am touching wood as I type...
Yaz's football team made it into the semi's but unfortuantely lost their game on the weekend. It was close and had extra time etc...but it's now all over for this season for them. Bails has also finished Rugby and he still continues with his swimming every week though whereas Yaz hasn't got anything lined up yet...we are looking into getting her into a touch football comp but have to find one somewhere...Bails is however taking up Wrestling! Not the commercial type that he watches but the Olympic sport. We were told that we could go down to the place where they hold it in Brisbane for a trial, and we've been down twice now and it wasn't on for whatever reason! Third time lucky this weekend though hopefully. He has been so excited about starting too.
We have had to purchase a new washing machine as ours died. Ian was going to try and fix it but we decided it wasn't worth it. We got a lovely front loader and it came with a free iron worth $90 too! I was a very happy lady walking out of that shop after out purchase! That makes me sound sad doesn't it but I have seriously been really enjoying doing the washing and ironing since!...maybe I need a hobby...
Mum is moving in a few weeks, out of the house that she has lived in for 30 years! It's good and bad I guess. She seems O.K. about it though, I've certainly shed some tears for her and our family home and the pets buried in that back yard...She is moving into another home not too far from where she was, and it will be a more convenient location for her for the bus service and shops etc...and she will be nearly directly opposite some good friends of ours so that makes me feel O.K. as I know they will look out for her. I will go and help her move in a couple of weeks, just head down on my own for 2-3 days. I can't stay up here knowing what she's doing as I feel I should be there with her anyway...yep, still having trouble dealing with the fact that we don't have family around. I can't seem to get over it.
My heart goes out to my friend Robert, who had surgery last week to remove a brain tumour. I am praying for you and know that you will pull through this as you have so many people that love and care about you x
This weekend is Fathers Day and we are going to see Jimmy Barnes in concert in the evening with our good friends, Nicky and Sean. Ian, Sean and I are big fans, Nicky not at all unfortunately but I know she will enjoy it as the atmosphere alone will be incredible! Not sure what we're doing during the day, no doubt a big brekkie will be in order, maybe head down to the water with some friends or something? I'll post some photos of whatever we do anyway.
Shane and Julian come up next month so we are all looking forward to that. They will be up here for a week and a bit so I will get a little bit of my family fix...
So that's about it, well not really as I have missed out on so much but that's probably all the important stuff that I've remembered anyway. I know I will get off this and in a couple of hours think of something quite significant that I should've put on here...oh well.
Will definitely try again next week to tell you all about Ian's Father's Day. If you're reading this, thanks for hanging in there and being loyal xxxx

No comments: