Sunday, June 14, 2009

In stitches...

Well this week has bought poor little Ramses into the all important headlines...He has had to under go a little operation, due to being beaten up...again! Poor little thing. After being cooped up for the long weekend at the cattery, he came home and just wanted some freedom. So after spending an hour or so inside, he then ventured outside, late afternoon...and didn't return home until around 11.00pm! Very late and very naughty!!!! It wasn't until the next day that I noticed that he had a slight limp and a stiff neck, which I tried to massage out. I began my search over his body to try to find out what was going on but he kept flinching when I got to his front leg. As much as I tried I could only very slightly glimpse some pinkness on the inside of this leg, knowing that it was a wound of some sort. The next day he didn't even ask to go outside and was very quiet indeed and still wouldn't let me go near him. I held him down a little just to see again what was going on and this is when I noticed a big flap of skin hanging down and his muscle underneath exposed! I was completely horrified! Anyway, to cut a long story short, he had been in another fight obviously, went to the vet who then scheduled him in for the follwoing morning to get his wound cleaned and stitched up. During the operation they also found a few other scratches etc...over him. All went well though and he now has about 5 stitches in his front leg but obviously feeling alot better for it as he's playful again and back to his usual self. We have now banned him from going outside until mid-morning, and then out no later than 4 or 5pm. He doesn't seem to have an issue with this at the moment...
Bailey is one happy little camper today as he finally got some tickets to see the WWE wrestling when they tour in July. He has been devastated that we never got tickets initially for him and I think has looked on-line every week since to see if any more tickets had been released. Due to his enthusiasm and not wanting to give up, he asked to check again this morning and thinking that there would be no different result, he went on and came rushing in to us a million miles an hour, eyes as wide as anything, saying that there were some tickets available NOW! I double checked and he was right. I don't know if they released some later tickets but we were able to get 2 tickets to the wrestling...in which Ian insisted that I go this time...don't think it was his 'cup of tea' last year. The tickets aren't brilliant but the fact that he is going is enough for Bailey...looks like I'll be going to the wrestling...never in a million years would I have seen this day coming! Although I think at that time, Mum will be up visiting so I could always send her along?.....joke!
As you guessed, Mum is making plans to come up in the next two weeks. This is going to be like Xmas to me as I've really needed her in my life so much lately, more than usual. She will come up for the school holidays, probably for the two weeks hopefully. Although I feel bad as the first weekend, Bailey and I will be at the Wrestling on the Sunday night and then the following weekend Yaz and I are going to French and Sauders on the Saturday night! Ian is left to be the perfect, gentlemanly host...which I have no question that he would be any different anyway. I think Mum also wants to see how I am as she knows I haven't been that well lately so she has been worrying about me, which I know is only natural but I certainly don't want to stress her in any way. She is happy that she will be here when I go to my Haemotologist appointment in July. In the meantime, since I am kind of freaking out about getting a bone marrow test, I am trying to boost my immune system up by obviously eating extremely healthy but also taking some supplements to help me along the way too. I met up with a friend during the week whom I haven't seen a great deal of lately and she basically told me how I have been looking very drawn and pale and tired for a while now, which I am hearing from quite a number of people. I am just over being like this and hope that whatever is causing this will all be over soon, not just for my sake but for everyone around me sakes.I am thinking positive about it and know that it will all be O.K. At least now I have a month of not being prodded or scanned etc...so I think this little medical break will do me the world of good!
Ian has a niggling knee injury...again! Due to playing football Friday night. It's swollen up as usual and is causing him alot of discomfort...again. He really needs to see someone about it as it's not going to get any better any time soon, or at all as we think it's wear and tear cartilage damage. Something not to be taken lightly. We are like an old married couple at the moment with our little medical stories and aches and pains. I'm just hoping that we go through it all now and then live a very happy and healthy life after all of this is sorted out!
Both of the children are fine...touch wood...the way things are going I don't want to jinx them!
Since moving into this house, there are things that I realise that I haven't unpacked yet, like my 'birthday diary'! I know it's all boxed up still in the garage...with about 20 other boxes still piled up...so if I happen to miss anyones birthday or be late in sending anything, I apologise sincerely. I'm hoping that this hasn't happened yet but if it does then it just means that I haven't come across my book yet and I can't remember everyones exact birthdays...I used to but not anymore...it's Ian now reminding me of them and that's very unusual!
Anyway, I think that's all that really happened during the week, apart from the usual work, school, sport etc...One week I will have nothing to write about as everything will be uneventful, no medical worries, no dramas...just a normal week at a normal pace...don't know when that week will be but it will be soon...and then you'll find me raving on about something totally irrelevant just to make a weekly entry...I shall look forward to that week x

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I managed to close the garage door on Lambert the Burmese, who said 'f_ck that hurt' in Burmese cat afterwards but is now talking to me again. I'm your cousin from around 1700 us being the family of Roger Laslett who moved to Kent around 1540. Gordon L