Sunday, June 28, 2009

Interesting?....not really...

An interesting week I guess with not a great deal happening...maybe not really all that interesting actually! If you read last weeks entry, you would know that the childrens school was closed due to having 1 positive swine flu case...well we all got messages Monday afternoon saying that the school had now been cleared and the children could all go back the following day...do you think they were impressed? Not at all...although in saying that, with the holidays only have just begun, Yaz was complaining today that she would rather be at school than not do much in the holidays! The children bought home their reports on Friday and I must say, both Ian and I are very impressed indeed with both of them. Their remarks and grades were excellent. I never do doubt that at report time though. I know they are both fantastic kids who are well behaved and do as they're told...at school!
So with them being back at school, the week went back to it's normal self, with normal day-to-day things happening. Ramses had his stitches out on Tuesday and all was good there.
Ian had another week not playing soccer due to his knee...did I mention last week that he had injured it again, this time it flared up quite significantly? I think it did. Anyway I think he is taking it for what it is and being sensible about not playing on it...still can't get him to the Dr.s about it but I will. It's unfortunately only a matter of time before it becomes a permanent pain in the bottom for him. His ear infection seems to have also settled right down which is good. So apart from the knee, no real complaints with Ian and no other news really. He's still just doing his same job and being the wonderful man that he is.
Yesterday I went to the Mind, Body and Spirit Festival with Nicky and we had a great time. I could have spent soooo much money but all I bought was a mood ring for Yaz and I and some heat packs for work. I also got Bailey an Earth ball and unfortunately couldn't find anything for Ian...not his type of thing! We enjoyed wondering around looking at all the different stalls with crystals, jewellery, body products, books, courses, candles etc...with some very unique characters. I got spiritually blessed in the way of healing and we went into a couple of seminars where we meditated and had some kind of medium-ship done...nothing too extra-ordinary though. It was great though but the whole time all I could think about was if Ian had gone and how much he would have laughed at what and who was there with his wise cracks etc...Unfortunately I had this in mind when I was meditating and had to control myself so that I wouldn't laugh out loud!
Yaz had a soccer match yesterday afternoon which they unfortunatley lost in. It was quite chilly at the ground and since I had come straight from the festival I was only dressed in a 3/4 length dress and boots and wasn't warm enough at all so I took Bailey home just before half time where the hot chocolates and marshmallows came in very handy!
Today has been a mega chill-out day and we have done nothing, apart from some housework...but I am still in my pj's and it is 5.30pm...bliss! I was supposed to go grocery shopping but I will do it tomorrow instead. Mum arrives tomorrow morning so we all can't wait for that. Have to be up at 5.00am though! That will be interesting as I never see that time of day! I will hopefully have some photos to put up next week of our time with Mum.
On a final note, we would just like to wish the beautiful Jade a very Happy Birthday and hope you spent the day doing everything you wanted to do. Love ya xxxx

No comments: