Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sick and Injured.

This week brought the bug of whatever's going around at the moment, with Yaz having 2 days off from school and myself feeling particularly unwell, but still plodded on working. Yaz was getting over the flu which she caught on the weekend, and I had a sore throat/fever thingy. Bailey has non-stopped coughed all week also and Ian is just fine and dandy!

I can't believe how close we are to Xmas again. Tomorrw is the first of Spring, the beginning of the official countdown and I can't believe just how fast this year has gone...although I'm sure I said the same thing last year?! Fathers Day is just around the corner so I'll deal with that first before wondering what our festive season plans are this year.

I sat the hardest exam ever this week, whilst having the stupid bug, so I went into college Tuesday night feeling like I had failed even before I had begun! This exam has sent me into a nervous spin as I have never felt so uncertain about my results before. We still haven't got them and I just really hope that I don't have to re-sit it. I studied my heart out as I do with all of my exams, but this just didn't seem to stick, so I am just hoping for a pass this time around. I only have 1 more weekend at college left which is in a fortnights time so I am counting down the days to free weekends again, family time, beach time, chill-out time!

Yaz made it to the Regional Athletics carnival this Thursday, although at the beginning of the week we didn't think that she would be well enough. Unfortunately after leading the 400mt race at a good rate, as she came around the second bend, she kind of twisted her ankle which nearly put her at a complete halt, but she managed to finish the race with pain on her face and a tear in her eye. She hobbled off the track and had to be supported back to the school tent, so after icing it, we took her home where she rested it for the rest of the day. Later on that day Yaz was also complaining of a sore back which we didn't think was that much of an issue. The next day, she walked to school with her ankle feeling obviously better yet she still complained of her back playing up. Anyway a couple of days has passed and I came home from college yesterday to find her hunched over in her room in agony with her back! I put her on the floor in the lounge room and put her through a couple of stretches and gave her a quick massage and afterwards she felt alot better...a couple of hours later she was back to square one, in tears, in agony and in a hunched over position. We put heat on it...made it worse, we put ice on it which numbed it and made it bearable for her. After a couple of pain killers she was able to get a good nights sleep. When I came home from college today, she is still in pain, although she seems to be more mobile, so I'm probably going to end up taking her to the Drs. this week to get it checked out. You just don't mess around with back injuries...way to delicate and precious! Will keep you informed. Hopefully it's just a strain or something, that's what it feels like to me as for a thirteen year old she has quite a bit of tension in her body, but being a massage therpaist I'm not allowed to diagnose anything so a visit to the Dr.s is the sensible thing to do.

Bailey has now officially signed up for the cricket season, so he has been practising his bowling etc today ready for the season ahead with the neighbours copping a few balls in their yard.. Another smashing season ahead and he is very excited about it!
Bailey also had a masquerade disco to attend this week at school and a 'book week' dress up parade.The theme for him in both of these was wrestling of course. I tried to get him to dress up as a variety of characters from the books he has, but he had a wrestling book and he wouldn't budge from that...made it easy for us though as he had the gear...normal clothes!


The coming week brings my car getting fixed. I have to take it in tomorrow and I'm not sure how long I will be without it, although I will get a courtesy car to putt around in. That's all that's on the cards at the moment, hopefully a nice quiet week with no more injuries or illnesses coming our way. There are so many people ill at the moment, always is this time of the year! Hopefully Spring will flush out the winter lurgies and bring on health and happiness...and snakes! Apparently our neighbours have had a few in their yard already, we haven't seen any yet but will definitely be very wary from now on.
Happy Birthday to Jake for this coming Saturday...have a great day! xxx

No comments: