Sunday, August 10, 2008

SURPRISE!


What a lovely surprise I received on Monday at work. I had just had two very difficult clients and thought that my day had been a very negative ordeal, when I walked downstairs ready to leave work when the girls behind the desk pointed to a rather large box and told me I had a delivery. I had no idea what this could be and racked my brain for a moment, wondering whether I had ordered anything recently which I hadn't...and when I went to open it I got a wonderful surprise...it was a bouquet full of the largest strawberries I've ever seen, half natural, half dipped in chocolate and it was from my brother Dale and his wife Cass! After phoning him later on that afternoon trying to find an explanation to this gorgeous gift, I found out that they sent it to me just to let me know that they're thinking of me and how proud they are of where I am and all that I have achieved. I was so stoked and it just blew me away. Very unexpectant and one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. I can't say thankyou enough, not only for the lush gift...which got devoured within 36 hours...but for making me feel like all of this studying and working is all worth while.
The rest of the week was the usual stuff...I had a couple of days feeling slightly unwell with a tummy bug and nausea, (no it wasn't from too much strawberry consumption!). I had to miss college on Tuesday night which always sends me ito a panick! Bailey had a game of rugby on Saturday in which he scored another one of his weekly goals. Yaz had no football this weekend and only has one game left to play next weekend then she is free for the rest of the year weekend wise anyway. Bailey is just about to sign back up for cricket so we will still be running around after him on Saturdays. I have nearly finished college...I went this whole weekend, and have three more weekends to go that carry out until 14th September. It's all too much at the moment and I am having to miss out on social events because of it. I know however that all of the hard effort I am putting in to my study will pay off and it will all be worth it.
We have just come back from the Hankins residence after a 4th birthday party...which somehow always turns into an adults drinking party...Edie and Daisy have reached the ripe old age of 4! I was late due to being at college all day and when I arrived, everyone was pretty tanked up and in full swing. Yaz didn't come with us as she wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay late as she was at home, but it was a good night and great to catch up with everyone that I've been invisible to for a while.
Next weekend I have my 'wetlab' tour,(the morgue!). I am really looking forward to this, not for the sick reasons, but for educational reasons only! No doubt I will have a small write up about it on next weeks blog.
That's about all that's happened this week...just an ordinary week with a beautiful strawberry surprise! Tune in to next next week if you dare to hear about the wetlab....


No comments: